So far we have:
- Done the preliminary earthworks for the rail line as part of the new Lord St and Northlink projects,
- Prepared the station site in the Ellenbrook town centre and moved the telecommunications tower,
- Secured $700m from Kim Travers for Pearce and Federal Labor, and $500m from the Federal Liberals,
- Awarded a $24m contract (late last year) for the detailed design and engineering and are now finalising the detailed business case,
- Rezoned land in Henley Brook for the project,
- Completed geotechnical investigations for the line,
- Performed environmental assessments (particularly important as the project will sit alongside Whiteman Park),
- Done noise and vibration assessments, traffic and access modelling, and population and use forecasting.
Infrastructure Australia has also assessed the first round business case and listed the Ellenbrook rail line as a nationally significant project.
The next stage (this year) will further develop project costings and a construction timetable. It’ll provide information on station locations and the preferred route.
I am determined that we will deliver this project for our community – but we have to do the proper groundwork first (and do it well). The government has to make sure it understands what this project is going to cost, delivers it on time and gives us taxpayers the best bang for our buck.
This is going to be a big year for the Morley-Ellenbrook Rail line!